Monday, February 26, 2007

True Wisdom

............So teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom Ps 90:12. I've been pondering over this scripture for sometime.
Yes, it's my birthday and rather than planning an exciting outing with my friends since it's a Saturday, I'm dwelling more on my God given assignment and purpose and screaming the question; "where are the divine accomplishments and achievements?"

Time has been given to every man in equal measure, but it requires an understanding of time dynamics and discipline to these dynamics to accomplish life's goals. Time is given as a blank cheque to every man to trade with and to produce fruits that should LAST, it is considered ordinary until it starts to deplete and you realize how precious it is. You then understand that the one thing dead people don't have is time; guess what? Their time was up or they ran out of time!!!!!!

My pastor made reference to an interesting illustration about time concept this Sunday; imagine you have just been assigned on a project which ensures a constant inflow of funds on a daily basis with the following terms and conditions.

For the duration of the project:
  • Your bank account will be credited with 86, 400 pounds every morning
  • Your account balance will be zero at the end of each day i.e. whatever is left in the account at end of day will be written off; no balance will be brought forward to the next day
  • You must spend the money everyday, it cannot be saved
  • Auditors may at any given point in time (and without notice) audit the account

A careful review of the terms and conditions will cause you to thoroughly plan your strategy for spending on a daily basis to ensure that the funds are optimally utilized and ensure that you are not wasting the resources provided to you. In the same manner, there are 86, 400 seconds per day, so each individual is credited 86, 400 seconds per day to trade with and produce fruits that will LAST. We are expected to spend our time wisely; .....redeeming the times......, saving time in order to accomplish our God-given purpose within the appointed time set for us. We are expected to constantly walk in the consciousness that we will be requested by God to account for the time we spent on earth.

Again looking closely at my text ............So teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom Ps 90:12, I'd like to share my insight on gaining a heart of wisdom. It can implied that when we have learnt how to redeem our time i.e. lean on God to assist us in optimally utilizing the time set for us, then we will be wise. Wisdom is the principal thing!!! Once you get wisdom, you've got the winning principles of life and earned yourself a success recipe. I'm glad I have discovered a friend in you. I pray that you will continue to apply your heart to wisdom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.. Nice..

I like the analogy of the bank account.

Just reading this right now- I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

I am one of Tayo's friends. I can see you are finally allowing non-blogger comments.. lol.

You do write beautifully. God bless you.

FunMe said...

Niyi

Thanks for the compliment and yes I enjoyed my birthday.

I'm glad that you can now document your comments, I anticipate more comments from you.

Anonymous said...

This is deep. I have always know that time is a gift and we will account for every moment we have. It is actually the currency with which we spend our lives. Many time we look back and lament the time we have wasted in the past. The lesson to learn from this is to make sure we do not waste any further time today and in the future